As almost everyone you see lately is doing, I’m on a mission to lose weight, get healthier and become more active. This page will be updated as I change, add, or eliminate things from my health and wellness routine. My goal is to lose 50 more pounds. I’ve lost 13 so far this year. It’s a slow, slow process but I’m trusting the process and keeping in mind that I didn’t gain this weight overnight so it’s not coming off that fast either. Here are some things I’m currently using in my health and wellness journey.
First, a disclaimer:
*I am not a doctor. I’m not even a nurse or anywhere close to one. I have been a pharmacy technician in the past and know a thing or two about supplements though. I have researched quality and efficacy in different brands and know a lot about the negative side effects prescription medications can bring to the party. Always check with your doctor before adding any supplements to your health regime and before adding any exercise or diet changes to your life.*
I decided to become a Plexus ambassador in 2016. My main reason was to get quality supplements for a wholesale price and be able to make a little on the side while I was at it. My focus for my first year was just using the product, being consistent (which I wasn’t, but now I am!), and seeing how they worked for me. Now that I have experienced how good I feel on them, I’m ready to start shouting from the rooftops about this amazing health and happiness company. Many are skeptics, and that’s OK. No one is holding a weapon to your head, forcing you to buy them. I was a skeptic at first too and it took me two years of watching my mentor use the products and have HUGE changes in her health and weight. I was finally willing to try them and I’m so happy I began this journey. I’m happy to share all about my Plexus journey and answer any questions you might have about it.
In the meantime, you can check out my Plexus store here.
Other things I am currently “into” with my health and wellness:
- IIFYM – if it fits your macros – instead of just counting calories, I count my macros (protein, carbs and fat) and try to reach certain amounts each day. You can go calculate yours here (I’m not in any way affiliated to this, it’s just a free online calculator you can use to see what your daily macros would be to lose weight).
- THM – Trim Healthy Mama – I ate this way last year and lost 25 pounds on this eating plan. It’s amazing and works but for this season of my life, I needed to simplify. THM does have some restrictions and special ingredients that make it a little harder to follow, but totally worth it if you want to be able to eat and not count a single calorie or macro.
- Whole 30 – I did my first round in May. It wasn’t perfect but it did totally change my way of looking at food. I look at ingredients all the time now and avoid a lot of processed stuff. I plan to do another round this fall, probably in September. I’ll be sharing more about it when I start so others can join me if they want!
- Body Pump – this is a cardio/weight lifting class I was taking at my gym. I have taken a break from it over the summer because they limit our child care time to 1 hour in the summer and I need at least 1 1/2 hours to be able to get there early enough to set up my weights and stuff and then put it all back up afterwards. It’s an awesome class though and I always feel so strong walking out. I hope to start back up in the fall when the kids are in school.
- Running – I have a treadmill and do running on it. I used to use the C25K app but have switched to Nike Run Club. I LOVE the NRC app and won’t be turning back again!
- Rebounding – I just got a rebounding trampoline. It has lots of health benefits. I look forward to learning more about this form of exercise and adding it to my routine. I’ll update more on it. I just set it up TODAY.
I am going to be posting some updated progress pictures as I take them. I need to take some current ones to compare to my before and afters of doing the Whole 30 in May. Stay tuned!