Raise your hand if you are an Amazon junkie….*raises both hands*. I have a serious problem. I’m on there all the time, looking for things I might need. And having free 2 day shipping with Prime? Shoot, that’s like GOLD. Don’t ask me why. I can’t explain it. Those people know how to cater to our need for instant gratification. I cringe when I order from other sites and see 3-5 day shipping is the quickest option. WHO HAS TIME TO WAIT 3-5 DAYS TO GET THEIR STUFF?? #calmdownstephanie #itwillbeOK
If I think of something I need, Amazon is the first place I go. I also just browse when I’m bored or avoiding housework. My thought process goes something like this:
House: you really need to do these dishes. There are gnats circling them. They need to be washed. You aren’t doing anything now, wash them.
Me: I need to check and see if Amazon has a good deal on fruit fly traps.
House: But…if you do the dishes, the fruit flies won’t even come around.
Me: Oh look, they have a special. I can buy a 20 pack for the price of 5. *clicks “buy with one click” button* – Wow! I’m tired now. That was hard work.
House: The dishes…they are still there. Also, there’s a smell. Probably need to check that out.
Me: Oooohhh…Amazon is having a special on batteries. You can never have enough of those. And I can even save 50 cents if I subscribe and save! WOW! Let me add that to my monthly subscription. I need these batteries for my diffuser, so I can use my essential oils to make the house smell nice and help me relax from all this hard work I’m doing.
House: Look around you. Literally, around where you are sitting. There is trash on the floor and crumbs. Oh, there are crumbs on you too because you are a messy eater. Maybe you should sweep the living room. Make sure you get all around where you are.
Me: Is that the book I have been wanting to read for months???!! It’s on sale for $2.99???!!! I must have it on my Kindle. *clicks “buy with one click”* It gets on my kindle so fast! I love this. I’m going to start it right now. But first, let me get a snack to eat here in my comfy corner chair.
House: This is useless. You are useless. Why do I even try. *makes another piece of popcorn ceiling fall to the floor* There, that’ll show her. Here’s a cockroach too…have fun!
Me: *too engrossed in my new book to notice anything else happening until roach crawls up my leg and I scream like I’m being murdered by a swarm of bees*
Maybe things don’t play out *exactly* like this, but you get the picture right? Amazon is my jam. I love shopping online as much as possible and Amazon literally has just about anything you could ever possibly need. #amIright #yesIam
So I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things I get from Amazon to celebrate becoming an Amazon affiliate! I have a handful of items I subscribe to each month that are life savers: (As an Amazon affiliate, I will receive a small commission if you click on the links and purchase through them. My full disclosure is on my sidebar on the right.)
- Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Sensitive, 720 Count, Resealable Packs with Tub– These are my favorite baby wipes. I have used many different brands and these are the best in my opinion. When I subscribe and save, I get a better deal and I don’t even have to think about it. Win-Win!
- nutpods Dairy-Free Creamer Unsweetened (French Vanilla, 4-pack) – Whole30 Approved – When I was on Whole 30 in May I had to end my relationship with my sweetened coffee creamers. That was when I was introduced to these wonderful things. Nutpods saved my coffee game for that month. I still use them (sparingly since they are considerably more pricey than their sugar-laden counterparts) and love the creamy flavor they add to my coffee. They are not sweet but that’s the point right? Avoiding sugar! See the next item on my list for how to sweeten your coffee without using sugar. #you’rewelcome
- Health Garden Kosher Monk Fruit Sweetener, 16 oz, Classic – I have tried many, many natural sweeteners in my coffee (Pyure, erythritol, xylitol, stevia) and they all left a nasty aftertaste that made me enjoy my coffee less. This is not acceptable as my coffee is a very sacred part of my daily ritual. It cannot be tampered with and made to taste less than perfect! #coffeeislife #coffeeisessential This Monk Fruit sweetener by Health Garden has really improved my hot coffee experience since eliminating sugar from my diet. You should try it.
- LIFT Certified BPA-Free Reusable Microwavable Meal Prep Containers with Lids, 28-Ounce, 7 Pack (Includes Ebook) – These are awesome, reusable meal prep containers. I use them any time I’m making food in bulk and want to prep out several grab & go meals for myself. This is especially helpful as I’m tracking my macros and I can actually measure everything out in one fell swoop and then just copy that meal into MFP. They are sturdy and can be microwaved and frozen and the seal is great on them.
- AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48-Pack) – Packaging May Vary – Batteries are not sexy and exciting things to buy. But when you need them and you don’t have them, it’s a pain in the rear. So we never run out of them because we subscribe and save with this awesome deal on Amazon. The nice thing is that I can put my subscription on hold whenever I want. Some months we still have half a box left, so I’ll skip it until the following month. The important part is that I don’t have to try to remember to buy batteries when I go to the store. They just come each month, or every other month and I always have them. We do buy some of the odd sizes whenever we run out (like AAA or 9 volt) but most of our remotes use AA so that’s not as common.
- Last but not least, one of my favorite items of all times that I have ordered through Amazon: my Instant Pot. This thing is what cooking dreams are made of. I have to believe that this was thought of by another inept mom like myself who could never get her act together quick enough to get things into a crock pot in time for dinner to be ready. I always think of dinner about 20 minutes before we should be eating. My crock pot was useless to me at that point. When I read or hear people talking about how much they love their crock pots, my first thought is “Why? How? When?” because it has always been entirely too difficult for me to think of putting dinner together at breakfast time. Shoot. #aintnobodygottimeforthat So this IP really saved me. At 5:30, I can put two pounds of chicken breast, FROZEN SOLID, a good splash of water, some seasonings and maybe some veggies, set it for 16 minutes and microwave a bag of instant rice or quinoa and we’re in business for a full blown dinner in 30 minutes or less. Ok, ok…I see I have talked a lot about this item so I’ll stop. But seriously ya’ll, get yourself one of these. Best investment EVER for your kitchen, if you’re not into spending hours in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up after yourself. You’re welcome. #youwillthankmelater
So there you have it. My most ordered items from Amazon currently. I stopped subscribing to their diapers because I thought we were going to potty train Charity. That didn’t happen and I never reactivated my subscription. But they do have great deals on the diapers (Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers Size 4, 160 Count). We are now going to start actually potty training her because she starts preschool next month. #commenceprayingandfasting
So what about you? What are your favorite Amazon necessities? I could spend hours browsing Amazon. It’s like a black hole…one item leads me to another. #helpme #itneverends #Ineedanintervention But seriously, I would love to hear what you get on Amazon so I can stalk those items and add them to my wish list!
Keepin it real,